Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Container Gardening Tips

I find it useful to use 5 gallon containers to grow most of my plants. This way you know the roots have plenty of room to grow. Be sure to put a layer of gravel on the bottom about one inch high and put about 8 to 10 holes in the bottom of the bucket to assure good drainage for the plant. And use the best soil you can get. I have found that a rich dark brown soil with some moisture makes the best medium for most plants. Before you put the gravel in the bucket make sure you rinse and clean the gravel to make sure it is free of contaminants.

Buy Ron S.

2 comments:

sydney plumber said...

Excellent post really work for me...


sydney plumber

Greenfingers said...

Containers are perfect and very cheap since you can have used containers as your pots for your plants. I also ventured to try organic containers. But hey, cool post! Hope you could provide some pics so that we could see your plants here in your blog! God Bless!