Saturday, March 14, 2009

Container Gardening may be the way to go

The nice thing about container gardening is you can change the soil every year and have a new medium to grow plants. And be able to keep them from harms way when the weather gets bad. But to me being able to watch them develope and grow is something you can enjoy all season long, as you care for them and watch them flourish. And enjoy the bounty which you grew. But remember save those seeds.
Another nice thing about container gardening is you can place the plants in a way that is pleasing to the eye and give you that Zen kind of feeling which is good for the plant and you.

Ron

5 comments:

imhkki said...

nice post

Concrete Jungle LA said...

Ron, I agree - container gardening IS the way to go. Especially for those of us in the midst of the concrete jungle. I use pots to make a little slice of heaven on the roof of my building in downtown Los Angeles. Keep the tips coming. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

i want to plant veggies in some containers i got from my friend in the pool business...

they were filled with powdered chlorine before (like 99%)...

is their anything i can do to clean them out so i don't have to worry about killing myself if i eat veggies from these containers?

much thanks for any opinions,

John Paul, Los Angeles, CA

Ron said...

I believe clorine is dangerous so I would line the containers with two layers of heavy duty carabge bags to make sure you stay out of harms way.

Arlanhas said...

Best garden. Best to vegetarian. We must safe the world, green, cool and fresh.